Botulinum Toxin A: Midface
A full day hands-on training on safe and evidence-based injection techniques for:
- Nasal group muscles (bunny lines, horizontal line on the bridge of the nose, nasal flaring, nose tip ptosis)
- Perioral muscles (gummy smile)
Aims and Objectives
- To review Botulinum Toxin A pharmacology
- To learn and understand relevant anatomy
- To understand complication prevention strategies
- To practice facial assessment
- To practice treatment planning
- To provide treatment under the supervision
This course is ideal for the practitioners who have completed botulinum toxin courses previously.
GDC, GMC, RN
Below is a list of competencies which the academy trainer/supervisor will assess you against on your training course:
- History taking: Medical, Social, Aesthetics/Cosmetic
- Facial assessment
- Examination, diagnosis
- Treatment options, advantages & disadvantages
- Informed consent: verbal & written
- Photography & record keeping
- Preoperative preparation
- Analgesics: recommendation & delivery
- Understand & demonstrate cross-infection measures
- Demonstration of safe delivery of proposed procedure
- Post-treatment management
- Communication skills & professionalism
- Ability to perform the procedure in a competent manner
Your expert trainer and supervisor on each training day will demonstrate and work with you to acquire and meet the required standard for the competencies. In case the trainee healthcare professionals do not meet one or more of the competencies, lacks confidence in delivering the procedure or lacks technical ability, they will be asked to repeat their training day (additional costs apply).
On successful completion of the training day and competencies, a training certificate from the Great British Academy of Aesthetic Medicine will be issued.
Bespoke session to treat 10+ patients under supervision is recommended.
Candidates of this course are invited to join the Great British Academy of Aesthetic Medicine’s growing support network to share knowledge, experiences, and meet like-minded colleagues.