Great British Academy of Aesthetic Medicine (BAAMed) is dedicated to the teaching of Aesthetic Medicine to qualified and licensed healthcare professionals who have an interest in exploring the art and science of aesthetic medicine. The membership is open to a wide variety of healthcare professionals according to the rules and regulations of the country they reside in; dermatologists, cosmetic surgeons, general practitioners, family doctors, dental surgeons, and nurses.
We aim to provide quality education for the development of scientific knowledge and clinical skills in Aesthetic Medicine and train competent, safe, and ethical practitioners through theoretical and hands-on training courses, workshops and congresses worldwide.
Type and Benefits of Memberships
- Membership: Current fully registered healthcare professionals including doctors, dentists and nurses who have completed their basic and advance training and participate in regular educational activities.
- Fellowship: Fellowship of the Academy certifies experienced professional competence in specific areas of Aesthetic Medicine.
£350 (annual fee)
Full Members Have the Following Privileges:
- Access to ‘Members Only’ section of the website
- Free attendance to the study clubs
- Annual Certificate of Membership to the Great British Academy of Aesthetic Medicine, indicating year of currency
- Participation in helping write guidelines and evidence based practice
- Discounts for courses/conferences organised through, or associated with the Great British Academy of Aesthetic Medicine
- Access and participation in ongoing research projects
- Discounts on equipment and services with participating trade companies.
Terms and Conditions
- Applications for membership of the Academy must only be made by a healthcare professional eligible to become a member of the Academy.
- Approval or rejection of the membership will be decided by the Committee
- Upon approval, the applicant must pay the applicable fees within 7 days of the notice of approval.
- Fellows, must be fully registered healthcare practitioners with proof of current registration, cosmetic insurance and fulfill the criteria for Fellowship
- Fellowship of the Academy: certifies professional competence in Aesthetic Medicine according to the Academy’s prescribed standards
- Members, must be fully registered healthcare professionals with proof of current registration and insurance
- The applicant must prove professionalism, ethical and safe practice and proof of engagement in continuous education in Aesthetic Medicine.
What is a Fellow?
Fellowship of the Academy provides a certificate of fellowship to professionals who have demonstrated commitment and competence in specific areas of the Aesthetic Medicine. It is only awarded to those individuals who have demonstrated to their peers that they have the knowledge, attitudes, conceptual and communication skills to be recognised in the Aesthetic Medicine field.
How to Become a Fellow?
- Current Fellows of another medical or surgical College recognised by the General Medical or Dental or Nursing council in the UK
- Healthcare professionals with significant experience in the field of Aesthetic Medicine
- Full members BAAMed for the last 36 continuous months
- Diploma or higher education in Aesthetic Medicine.